Download Android 8.0 Oreo Based OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5: As expected OnePlus team has launched the latest OxygenOS open Beta version of android 8.0 Oreo. This version of Oxygen OS is quite stable with OnePlus 5. This update will bring a lot more exciting things with it to know more about the update you can visit here. If you want this update in your OnePlus 5 then you have to continue reading this guide thoroughly. According to the OnePlus team the main highlights of this update are PIP (Picture in Picture), notification dots, Smart text selection, Auto-fill, revamped Quick Settings menu, October 2017 security patches.
OnePlus 5 has never failed to stand on our expectations so the team has decided to release the new update of oxygen OS which will bring Android Oreo with it. OnePlus 5 was released in 2017 and the phone features 5.50 inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. The OnePlus 5 run on android 7.1.1 and is powered by a 3300 MAH non removable battery the OnePlus 5 is dual SIM smartphone that accepts Nano sim and Nano sim + connectivity option includes WiFi GPS Bluetooth NFC USB OTG 3D and 4D sensors on the phone has compass magnetometer proximity sensor accelerometer ambient light sensor and gyroscope. Since it is the latest device of OnePlus so it is getting this update earlier if you want to install this update then you have to follow this guide correctly with out missing any of the steps.
Smartphonematrix.com is not responsible for any kind of damage done to your device by following this guide. Follow this guide at your own risk.
Features of OxygenOS Open Beta 1 For OnePlus 5
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Added Parallel Apps
- Updated security patch to October
- Updated to Android O (8.0)
- Added notification dots
- New app folder design
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus
- Download the Oxygen OS beta 1 for Oneplus 5
How to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 1 on OnePlus 5
Method 1 –
1) Download Oreo Open Beta ROM for OnePlus 5 from above and copy the file to internal storage.
2) Now Reboot your phone in to recovery Mode by holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
3) Choose “Install from internal storage/Install from local“.
4) Now find your .zip file and click on “Install” to confirm.
Method 2 –
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3) Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
4) Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 1OTA zip file for OnePlus 5 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
5) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
3) Choose Install from USB
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
5) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
7) Flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 1 on OnePlus 5 by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
8) Now wait until the process completes and then Reboot the phone.
So Download OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 5 and flash it on your device. Let us know if you have any questions by comment below.
Source – OnePlus