How to install Lineage OS 15 on Xiaomi Mi 6 | Android Oreo: Now you can download and install Lineage OS 15 on Xiaomi Mi 6. The latest Lineage OS 15 is now available for Xiaomi Mi 6. Lineage OS 15 is the first custom ROM to get android Oreo Update, Lineage OS 15 is stable for Xiaomi Mi 6. Android Oreo is also the latest version among android, released by google Few months back so it’s not possible for smartphone company to built an update based on android 8.0 Oreo, thanks to the Lineage OS project that most of the smartphones are getting android Oreo with the help of Lineage OS 15 custom ROM.
Xiaomi Mi 6 is amazing smartphone with lots of amazing features and no you can enhance those with the help of a custom ROM. Xiaomi Mi 6 smartphone was launched in April 2017. The phone comes with a 5.15-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. The Xiaomi Mi 6 is powered by 2.45GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor and it comes with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that cannot be expanded. The Xiaomi Mi 6 runs Android and is powered by a 3350mAh non removable battery.The Xiaomi Mi 6 is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Micro-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, FM, 3G and 4G. Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope. Being the popular handset it will get the official update for android Oreo shortly so either you can wait for the OTA update or you can just follow this simple guide which help you to install Lineage OS 15 on Xiaomi Mi 6.
Lineage OS 15 Features
Since Lineage OS 15 is an android Oreo oriented custom ROM it will have all the features of android Oreo plus have some new features
As lineage OS 15 is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features ad inn addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser for Wuntils uptil now. The feature is Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time:
This “Google PLay Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
- This ROM is for Xiaomi Mi 6
- This ROM is an initial built so it may contain some bugs
- Follow each and ever step carefully so to reduce any unwanted error
- Keep your device’s battery up to 80%
- Take a backup of all the files through TWRP
- You must have a custom Recovery installed if not then follow this guide:
- How to Install TWRP 3.0.0 on Android Phones
- We will be thankful if you give us a feedback for the guide in the comment section.
smartphonematrix.com is not responsible for any damage caused to your device through following this guide. We request you to follow this guide at your own risk.
How to download and install Lineage OS 15 on Xiaomi Mi 6
Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Xiaomi Mi 6
How to install Lineage OS 15 on Xiaomi Mi 6 | Android 8.0 Oreo
- Read the Pre-Requisite Section before proceeding any further
- Download Lineage OS 15 from above and save it on your device
- Now open the Gapps link and choose ARM and android 8.0 and then choose any of the package to download, after downloading save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
If you face any problem by following this guide please inform us we will contact you in less than 24 HRS, Thank you for visiting.